Rafting & Royal Gorge Train Package
Two unique activities that are sure to enhance any Colorado experience are Whitewater Rafting and the Historic Royal Gorge Route Railroad. The Arkansas River and The Royal Gorge Route are such popular attractions in this part of the state that combining these two was only natural. Our Colorado Rafting + Royal Gorge Route combo package lets you experience the thrill of running Colorado’s most famous rapids, and then relax while you ride the historic rails through one of the world’s most spectacular gorges!
- Moderate and High Adventure rafting options available.
- Raft down the state’s most popular river.
- Ride a train through the bottom of the 1,000 foot deep Royal Gorge!
This combo package is available with either our Royal Gorge or Bighorn Sheep Canyon morning rafting adventures.
Experience this natural wonder twice on this phenomenal adventure package! Begin with the challenging part of rafting through it, and then relax, as you ride in style and take in the amazing surroundings, not to mention the Class IV rapids you just survived!
*This trip departs from our Cañon City Rafting Outpost and the minimum age is 14 years old.
What to Expect
Begin your action packed day by taking on either the family friendly rapids of Bighorn Sheep Canyon, or the more advanced rapids of The Royal Gorge. Once you’re soaking wet and grinning from ear to ear, you’ll enjoy a gourmet riverside lunch at our private pavilion, before making your way to the Royal Gorge Route Train Depot. Once aboard you’ll be whisked away on Colorado’s finest scenic train through the spectacular Royal Gorge. This 2-hour, 24-mile round-trip is a visual feast combing scenery, wildlife, history, and world-class service. Since 1879, these tracks have followed the winding, tumbling Arkansas River deep within the soaring, 1,000-foot granite cliffs of Colorado’s Royal Gorge, where eagles soar, bighorn sheep roam, and adventure awaits! Enjoy an experience of a lifetime and book your Colorado + Royal Gorge Route combo package today!
Preparing for the Trip
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
The key to enjoying a Raft + Royal Gorge Train Adventure Package to the fullest is being properly prepared and dressed. Here’s a list of things that we recommend to wear and bring:
- Quick-Drying Clothes (no cotton, no denim)
- Sun Hat
- Dry Clothes & Towel for after your trip
- Water Shoes (No Flip Flops, Crocs or Bare-feet!)
- Money for items such as:
- Rental Gear
- Guide Gratuity
ROYAL GORGE TRAIN
- Comfortable Shoes
- Money for items such as:
- Onboard Snacks and Drinks
*Please note – no outside food or beverage allowed on the train.
OPTIONAL RAFTING RENTAL GEAR:
- Wetsuit – Stretchy 2mm neoprene keeps your core warm without unnecessary bulk
- Splash Jacket – Urethane coated nylon jacket with neoprene neck and wrist gaskets to help with the splash
- River Shoes – Neoprene boots that keep your feet warm, comfortable, and well protected
* 1 Rental Item = $5.00, 2 Rental Items = $10.00, Complete Rental Package = $12.00