Youth Group Rafting Trips
Since 1987 we’ve been offering fun and educational rafting trips for kids ages 6 and up through great sections of whitewater like Brown’s Canyon and Bighorn Sheep Canyon. Whitewater rafting through these inspirational canyons teaches teamwork, builds self esteem and self confidence, and shows our youth how important mother nature is. Our trips focus on environmental education, safety in the outdoors, and the importance of working together.
- Family-Friendly and High Adventure Rafting options available.
- Two premier riverside rafting outposts in Cañon City and Buena Vista.
- Highly-trained, professional staff ready to facilitate your youth group adventure.
While putting together your ideal rafting adventure we can also help plan other parts of your Colorado Adventure including lodging/camping options, transportation and meal plans, as well as other area activities.
It’s hard not to feel a strong connection to Mother Nature and your Youth Group as you paddle through this magical canyon, and navigating the Class II & III rapids of this stretch is sure to boost anyone’s self confidence!
*This trip departs from our Buena Vista Rafting Outpost and the minimum age is 6 years old.
- Groups of 10 – 14: 10% Off + Complimentary Wetsuit Package
- Groups of 15 – 19: 15% Off + Complimentary Wetsuit Package
- Groups of 20+: 20% Off + Complimentary Wetsuit Package
*Our Complimentary Wetsuit Package includes a wetsuit, river shoes, and splash jacket for everyone in the group. This package typically rents for $12/person.
RECOMMENDED ADD-ONS OR PACKAGES
Looking for more than just rafting for your youth group? Why not try one of our Adventure Packages and get the best of the rivers and mountains in one day! Or let us get you set up with a post-trip BBQ at one of our riverside locations so you can refuel before you head on your way!
At American Adventure Expeditions, we love a good challenge! So if you have an idea for your youth group and you want to do something a little different than our normal rafting, mountain, or package adventures, let us know, and we’ll do whatever we can to accommodate!
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING
The key to enjoying a Youth Group Rafting Adventure to the fullest is being properly prepared and dressed. Here’s a list of things that we recommend to wear and bring:
- Quick-Drying Clothes (no cotton, no denim)
- Sun Hat
- Dry Clothes & Towel for after your trip
- Water Shoes (No Flip Flops, Crocs or Bare-feet!)
- Money for items such as:
- Rental Gear
- Guide Gratuity
OPTIONAL RENTAL GEAR:
Although most summer days include plenty of sunshine, you have to remember that this water is coming straight off the Rocky Mountains and can sometimes be a bit chilly. No need to worry as we have all of the gear that you could possibly want or need to make sure that you’re as comfortable as possible.
If you’re not sure what you’ll need, don’t worry. Come in the day of your trip and our friendly staff will give you an honest recommendation based upon water levels, air temperature, and weather forecasts. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee so making sure you’re comfortable is our top priority.
- Wetsuit – Stretchy 2mm neoprene keeps your core warm without unnecessary bulk
- Splash Jacket – Urethane coated nylon jacket with neoprene neck and wrist gaskets to help with the splash
- River Shoes – Neoprene boots that keep your feet warm, comfortable, and well protected
* All of these items are complimentary for groups of 10+.